2. Click on Import your customer database. If you can’t see the link on the right hand side of the page, it might be because you have already selected one of your existing customers. To clear the screen, simply click on this customer’s details on the left hand side.
3. To import your customer data you now have two options:
- Cut and paste cells from Excel into the grey text box showing on your screen.
- Import the information from a CSV file.
4. Click on the Import data button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to a page that allows you to sort your data. You can choose the name of each of the columns, based on your requirements. Options include company name, customer name, contact details, address, etc.
You can also choose to exclude the first line of data by ticking the box in the top left hand corner. This is handy if the first row is not actual data, but rather just the names of the columns.
5. Click on Import data to confirm.
- You can import up to 1000 entries without an impact on software performance.
- If you have more than 1000 entries, Zervant may become slow and unresponsive while importing the data (though this also greatly depends on the speed of the computer that you're using).
- The maximum supported CSV file size is 5 MB. You can see what the size of your import file is by right clicking on it in your operating system and by clicking on Properties or Get Info. This will open a window that shows file properties, including file size. If the file is larger than 5 MB, you will have to split the data into several smaller files for the import to work.
Find out how to add a single customer here.