You can create a manual payment reminder on the Invoices tab by selecting an invoice and then clicking Send reminder on the right side of the screen. A menu will open where you can choose the delivery method for the reminder:
When sending by email, you can choose the subject and message as usual.
Alternatively, you can choose to send automatic reminders. Enable this feature under My account -> Payment reminders. On this page there three default options for sending automatic reminders:
- A set number of days before the invoice due date (the default setting is 7 days but you can change this).
- On the invoice due date.
- A set number of days after the invoice due date (it also has a default setting of 7 days but you can change this). This last option also allows you to send recurring reminders. So, as an example, if you set it to "7 days" Zervant will continue to send a reminder every 7 days after the due date until the invoice is marked as paid.
Automatic reminders sent before or on due date can only be sent via email. However, if you want to send automatic reminders by post, this works only for the ones that you have set to be sent out after the due date. You can choose the sending method in the box below the sending options.
Please note that creating and sending payment reminders is Premium service, you first need to subscribe to a Premium plan to be able to use them.
- There is no limit on how many reminders you can send by email. Just remember if you send them by post, they will count toward your premium plan delivery quota (e.g. on the Pro plan you can send a total of 10 invoices/reminders by post per month).
- Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to add a late payment fee on the reminder, or to edit the due date. If you need to do these things, then it’s better to copy the original invoice as new (this option is found under the Invoices tab when the invoice is selected on the right side of the screen).
- You can’t save the email message as default (but we are currently developing this feature!). So, if you want to keep track of the reminders you’ve sent, or want to remember what message you wrote in the email, you can send a copy to yourself. Do this by checking the relevant box under the recipient field.
- You can also add online payments for your payment reminders to make it easier for your customers to pay you directly from their email.