1. Go to the Invoices tab and click on the green New invoice button.
2. From the upper left corner, you can select or create a customer for your invoice. You can either select a customer from the dropdown menu or start typing the customer's name. You can create a new customer by clicking New customer on the drop-down menu.
3. You can modify the invoice according to your needs from a set of options on the right hand side of the screen. By clicking Settings, you can, for example, choose the invoice type, currency or which columns are visible on the invoice. You can also add a discount to all or individual products.
You can access features available on our premium plans to further automate your invoicing and get paid faster, such as recurring invoices, down payments and payment schedules.
4. Select the date of the invoice and the payment terms. You can furthermore edit the reference number of your invoice. If you want to edit the invoice number, click Change next to the Invoice number line.
5. Next you can add one or multiple products. Press the drop-down menu to choose a product from the list or click Add item in the list if you want to add a new product that has not been saved in the product database yet.
Click on the small downward pointing arrow next to Add item to open a drop-down menu if you want to add a new product, a title to your product list, another text field to your product, or separate the invoice by adding a subtotal. If you want to relocate any of the invoice rows, simply click on the three vertical dots in front of the invoice row and drag and drop the invoice line.
6. If you are happy with your invoice but don’t want to send it yet, you can choose Save as draft and come back to it later. But if you want to finalise the invoice, click Preview to oversee the invoice one last time before sending it to your customer.
7. If everything is correct, you can select the delivery method by clicking on Approve and send.
Read more about invoicing here: Can I edit/delete an invoice?