The credit note must show the following information: customer returns goods to you, the balance of payment is then settled by issuing the credit note.
- Why it was issued
- The total amount credited, excluding VAT %
- The number and date of the original VAT invoice
How to create a credit note
1. Go to the Invoices tab.
2. Choose invoice on the left.
3. On the right side of the screen, click More -> Credit note.
4. Our system fills the information of the original invoice automatically.
5. After approving the credit note, the original invoice and the credit note are marked automatically as paid. The credit note will be automatically assigned the next number in your invoice numbering sequence.
Partial credit notes
We don't offer partial credit notes yet, meaning that you can unfortunately not change the amount to be credit noted. This is something that we will develop in the future.
What you can do:
1. Create a credit note normally. It cancels the original invoice's amount entirely.
2. Create a new normal invoice with the correct amount.
3. Send the new normal invoice to your customer and explain in the Message field the error/mistake in the original invoice. Refund your customer the difference if needed.
Original invoice 100eur, but you wanted to create one for 50eur.
Credit note -100eur.
Normal invoice 50eur.
- At this time it's not possible to create credit notes for Custom Payment Schedule invoices.
- If you need to delete a credit note, mark the invoice as Unpaid then click More -> Delete. Once deleted, a credit note cannot be restored or copied as new. However, you can always create it anew from the original invoice.